Mobility today

The number of electric cars in Italy is growing fast.
In Italy, 200,000 electric cars were in circulation in 2021*, practically double compared to those in 2020 and nearly triple (+251%) compared to 2019. The period spanning January and September 2021 saw the addition of a further 100,000. In 2020 electric cars were mainly bought in the North (67%), followed by the Centre (26%) and South (7%), with an extremely heterogeneous regional distribution, reflecting differences in the development of publicly accessible recharging infrastructures and local incentives for the purchase or use of electric vehicles.  

Recharging Columns in Italy

According to the quarterly survey conducted by Motus-E**, in Italy there were 26,024 recharging points on 31st December, and 13,233 infrastructure facilities (stations or columns) in 10,503 publicly accessible places. 79% of infrastructures are on public land, while the remaining 21% are on private property for public use (such as supermarkets or shopping centres). There are 600 new recharging infrastructures and 484 new locations compared to September (both up 4.8%). Compared to last year, there are 6,700 more recharging points (from December 2020 to December 2021), and 3,514 more recharging facilities, up 35% and 36% respectively.

Sustainable mobility reduces pollution and enables energy saving

Sustainable mobility is the fulcrum of urban mobility systems in the coming years. The reduction of atmospheric pollution  (reduction of CO2 emissions and of harmful substances with damaging effects on climate change) and of noise pollution (especially in populous and congested cities).
Inspired by its commitment to ‘Act in the name of human progress, protecting what matters’ AXA Group has resolved to include climate and ESG  in the "Driving Progress 2023" strategic plan and monitor its implementation using the AXA for Progress Index, an instrument for measuring the impact of its sustainability strategy.

Protecting the environment and benefits

Electric cars enable greater respect for the environment and give rise to a number of benefits: they are permanently exempt from traffic blocks throughout the country, as they generate fewer emissions.
Benefits also include a five-year car tax exemption starting from the date of registration (car owners pay a quarter of the amount charged for petrol vehicles in subsequent years). Hybrid cars benefit from a three-year exemption.

The InCarica solution

AXA Partners has been supporting 'green’ technologies for some time now, with insurance products and services for retail customers and businesses.
With InCarica the electric vehicle owner can access a series of unique services, for safe, worry-free and environmentally-friendly travel. From alternative transport, in the event of technical or mechanical problems, to recharging on site or at the first available station, and the dispatching of a technician for home-installed Wallbox repair. There is also a host of complementary services for discovering and experiencing the sustainable mobility infrastructure.
User needs are changing: safe, shared and eco-sustainable mobility is what they want.
Our mission is to provide assistance whatever the place, time or field, guaranteeing multi-mobility and connectivity.
It is crucial that we all make a difference, with initiatives and by adopting responsible individual behaviours. The reconversion of low environmental impact habits starts from everyday life.
We aim to become a big partner for mobility.

Source:

  • *Smart Mobility Report 2021, Presented on the19th October by the Smart Mobility Observatory of the Energy & Strategy Group, Polytechnic University of Milan School of Management.
  • ** Motus-E

Would you like to know more about our services and the InCarica product?